Two Yurt cabins are located adjacent to south camping loop in Pammel Park. These yurt-style cabins are managed as a “3-season” cabin that are open for public use from April through October (mid-November weather permitting) and are available by advance reservation only. The Conservation Board begins booking reservations on January 1st, for each calendar year. Book early for weekends & holidays. Week nights have better availability. See information below for additional details on fees and cabin accommodations.
Yurt Cabin Rental Rates
- $55.00 Nightly rate: Minimum 2 nights on weekends. (3 nights on holidays – see specified dates above)
- $350.00 Weekly rate: (Non-holiday week periods)
- Subject to 10% Tax (Iowa State Sales Tax and Local Hotel/Motel Tax)
- For reservations call: 515-462-3536
- All fees must be paid at time of placing reservation.
- ALL RESERVATIONS ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS PROVIDED FOR CANCELATIONS OR EARLY DEPARTURES.
- Reservation fee: $5.00/cabin
- Minimum 2 nights on weekends (Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday)
- Minimum 3 required dates for Holiday weekends in 2017:
- Memorial Day: May 26, 27, 28 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- 4th of July: June 30, July 1, 2, 3 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday)
- Labor Day: September 1, 2, 3 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Bridge Festival: October 12, 13, 14 (Thursday, Friday, Saturday)
- Prefer 7 day notice
- Credit card is required to cover security/damage and cleaning deposit.
- VISA, MASTERCARD & DISCOVER accepted.
Yurt Cabin History
Yurt cabins are somewhat unique to Iowa parks and campgrounds, but have been widely used throughout the mountain west for many years as remote shelters provided for users on extensive hiking, biking & cross-country ski trails. The yurt cabins provide for a fun overnight alternative for families who don’t own a motor home or don’t like the hassle of tent camping. The yurts are fashioned from the nomadic Mongolian culture that often moved their “circular” huts from one region to another following food or warmer weather.
Our two yurt cabins are identical in size and are equipped with the following amenities:
- 24 foot diameter yurt (very efficient use of 450 square foot living space) with sky-light/2 windows.
- Sleeps 8 (2 sets of bunks, 1 futon and 1 sofa-sleeper). • Air Conditioning/Heated (insulated floor, walls & ceiling).
- Electrical outlets, ceiling track lighting, desk lamp
- Kitchenette; which includes an electric stove/range top, microwave, refrigerator and counter space.
- Dining table and chairs (seats 6).
- Attached elevated deck with a picnic table that seats 8, hooded BBQ grill, ground fire-ring
- Outdoor water hydrant & wash pit for rinsing dishes.
- No bathroom/shower facilities located inside cabin. Renters must use nearby campground bathroom/shower facility.
- Tents are not permitted in the cabin area – tents may only be placed on designated camp sites in adjacent campgrounds.
- Smoking is NOT allowed inside or outside cabins.
- Pets are NOT allowed inside or outside of cabins (including parking area –no exceptions).
- Sleeping bags or bed linens, pillows
- Coffee maker, toaster
- Dish soap, dish towels, dish cleaning pan, potholders
- Table service, cooking pots & pans, utensils
- Cutting board
- Flash light & lantern for deck lighting (no liquid fuel lanterns allowed inside cabin)
- Trash bags
- Lawn chairs
- Charcoal & lighter fluid