Madison County Conservation Board provides unique, hands-on environmental education programs to all ages. We explore everything from the tiniest insects to the largest planets.
As you begin to make plans for kids’ activities this fall, please click to view our 2018 Summer Programs and registration information and check the available dates on your calendars.
Environmental Education Programs offered:
- Monthly public programs are great way to do something as a family or with a friend. Programs include birding, hikes, learning new skills, and special presentations.
- Campfire programs take place during the camping season and usually include a live animal or a nature hike. Not just for campers!
- Camps for ages 3-15 are held throughout the year. These camps target topics through hikes, crafts, games, and snacks.
- Monthly travelling program takes the outside to you. This is a specially designed for nursing homes and other facilities.
- School programs where something studied can be brought in or brought to life with a hands-on activity.
- Fieldtrips for all ages, whether it’s a school looking for an educational excursion or a club looking for trip.
- Special annual events such as the Halloween Hayrack Ride and the Middle River Cleanup are not to be missed.
- Scouts and 4H groups can call to set up programs to receive badges or learn new skills.
- Yearly trips are scheduled to visit a natural wonder. Tour guides and hotel included.
Scheduled public programs can be found on the Calendar page, and also on the Events page. If you would like to set up a program for your class, club, scout group, 4H group, etc., call Amy (MCCB naturalist) at (515) 250-8274 or email her at email@example.com.