Criss Cove is located approximately eight miles south of Winterset. Modern camp ground overlooking the pond is located in the northwest corner of the park.
Note: Reservations are accepted for Pammel Park only.
$12/night/pad = 30 Amp electric, table and ground grill at each site
$7/night = tent camp area
Camping Rules & Regulations for Criss Cove Park
- A self-registration system is utilized at Criss Cove. Register and pay immediately upon occupying site.
- Permanent* camping unit must be on site and fees paid to hold site.
- Camping fees are determined by camp site location. Whether or not utility services are used, or type of camping unit, the nightly fee for sites 1 thru 18 is $12.
- Nightly fee for tents in the group tent site area is $7/tent.
- Camper units must use the designated gravel pads on sites 1 thru 18.
- One camping unit and one vehicle per site (maximum 6 people per/site).
- No head-in parking unless tow vehicle remains attached to the camping unit.
- Extra vehicles must be parked in the designated overflow parking area at west end of campground.
- No parking on roadways, grass areas between sites or unused camping pads.
- All fires restricted to ground grills.
- No cutting or breaking off of standing live or dead trees/limbs for use as firewood.
- No refunds made for early departures.
- Quite hours are from 10:00pm to 7:00am – visitors must leave campground by 9:30pm
- Check-out time is 12:00pm (noon).
- All visitors must park in the overflow parking area.
- Keg beer is not allowed in Madison County parks.
- Juveniles (17 or younger) must be camping with a parent or legal guardian.
- Tampering or attempting repairs to utility services is prohibited.
- Emergency phone number: 515-462-3575 (Madison County Sheriff’s Office).
- *Permanent camping unit is defined as the camping unit used for the entire length of stay.
From Winterset travel south on U.S. 169 approximately 8 miles. Park is located at the southwest corner of the intersection of U.S. 169 and County Road G-61.
- 18 Rock-surfaced pads suitable for campers/RV’s
- 50-30-20 amp electric service
- Water hydrant is available at each site
- Group tent site at the west end of campground
- Pit vault bathrooms
- No showers or dump station available